Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Connecticut State Police Rebanding Thread

Having started about 3 weeks ago, the CSP is in the process of rebanding their trunked system, conventional channels and the ITAC/ICALL network in CT.
    Reprogramming of every control station, mobile and portable radio on the system is under way and can be heard on SW Common 2. Keep in mind that the system only sends traffic to a Site if there is a radio affiliated on that Talkgroup AND on that Site (I do not hear anything on 3 of the 4 Sites I can monitor).
    All the MTS2000 radios issued out to each PD, FD, and EMS chief in the state are being recalled for replacement with XTS2500s.
    The entire project is planned to take 120 days.
    I'm sure there will be more to follow.

chris

As always, please report any and all findings here if you could so that the wiki can be updated. Should be interesting once the Mass State Police start their rebanding process in January.
    Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17

A side note re: rebanding. IF you use a PRO 96/2096, and you use WIN96, make sure you download the latest version of it. There is now a default table setting in the program for rebanding. I listened to a rebanded department in the midwest with it, and it functioned perfectly fine.

West Hartford and Wethersfield CT are both rebanded and the simple 851.0250/854.0000/440/25KHz 851.0125/868.9875/0/25KHz table works perfect.
    CSP may be a bit different as there is a different mix of frequencies accross the entire system. it might be good practice for the MSP system which is also a mix of NPSPAC and non NPSPAC frequencies.

chris

Question

Chris,

Do you know what the change over schedule is (West to East or vice versa or random)?

B.K.

Also please keep us advised as to which prime sites/simulcast sites are done, so we can reprogram accordingly.

my guess is that it will be a month or so before the infrastructure changeover starts as they have 3500 or so radios to reprogram first. As for a schedule, I have no idea where they will start the process.

chris

OK this topic is important enough and warrants enough attention to the updates that I have made it a sticky thread here and renamed it.
    Please place all updates regarding CTSP rebanding in this thread.

Anyone have any idea what the new rebanded frequencies will be for Troup D area?

Quote Originally Posted by w2csx View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the new rebanded frequencies will be for Troup D area?
    Most likely down 15 Megahertz from present allocations.
    CLYDE - N1BHH - A KNOW-CODE AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR / WQLF416 - GMRS
    Pro94 Pro106 Pro164 Pro197 Pro2006 Pro2015 Pro2021 Pro2055
    Yaesu's FT60R, FT2900R, FT8000R & FT8800R, Icom IC735, Motorola MTX9250 (900 MHz.)

go to the WIKI
    http://www.scannewengland.net/wiki/i...t_State_Police
    If an existing frequency is in the 866-868.9875 range, the new frequency will be 15 MHz lower as mentioned above. You will also have to enter a new bandplan for the new setup.
    If an existing frequency is in the 854-860 range, they will remain unchanged.
    Several Sites will also add a 5th voice frequency once the FCC reopens permanent licenses.

Watching TRUNK88 with the reprogramming on SW Comm 2, it has loaded all 4 voice channels multiple times. There was probably a dozen system busies in the last day or so.

chris

12/18 Update:
    Radio reprogramming continues with 100-150+ radios done each day. In addition some new Motorola APX radios are being deployed during the changeover. There will be a change in some channel numbers but for now there is no indication of how extensive it will be. Several new talkgroups will be programmed but I wouldn't expect to see them used with any great frequency until the system channel capacity expands.

chris

Latest info from DEMHS regarding CT Rebanding & Reprogramming:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    UPDATED ICALL/ITAC REBANDING SCHEDULE

December 17, 2010

Very Important instructions Please Read.

We are now three weeks into the re-banding effort, as with all such efforts
    issues pop up which cause some difficulties. We are confident that the major
    issues have been resolved, although it can be expected that some minor issues
    will still occur.

All radios that have not been reprogrammed (re-banded) to date require a program
    upgrade to function properly.

If the radio users do not bring their radios to the following locations on the
    following dates listed below the radios will fail to operate in the near future
    when the CSP Operated ICALL/ITAC system moves to the new channel band plan.

If your State owned ICALL/ITAC radio has not been reprogrammed by the
    technicians retained by the CSP Communications Units at the prescribed
    locations, they must be brought to one of these locations for re-banding.

This is not a standard maintenance issue. An outside vendor is bearing the cost
    to change the radio band plan. The responsibility to reprogram the radios will
    be State and not the vendor after the project dates expire. Please do not
    contribute to the current fiscal crisis.

State issued ICALL/ITAC portable radios may be brought to any of the locations
    listed below at the times indicated for a program upgrade. The radio will either
    be exchanged for one with the correct programming, re-programmed on site, or if
    required you may drop the radio off with the technicians and return later in the
    day to retrieve them when reprogrammed.

It is imperative to have total re-band participation by all radio users of the
    Connecticut State Police 800Mhz Conventional ICALL/ITAC radio system. This
    does not include the CSPERN radios, we are working on a means to fund the
    reprogramming of the ICALL/ITAC Channels in the State supplied CSPERN Radios. If
    this is not successful the local holder will have to accomplish this if they
    wish to retain that capability.

Re-banding ICALL/ITAC radios purchased by local or regional agencies is the
    responsibility of the owner regardless of funding source.

If your state issued ITAC ICALL base and portable radios are not re-programmed
    they will not work.

Prime Movers and DECON Trailers will be reprogrammed where they are housed
    during the week of January 10 through January 14.

Operators of these units must submit the name, email and contact number of a
    Point of Contact to DEMHS Emergency Telecommunications Manager John Gustafson at
    (email address deleted), prior to close of business January 4 2011. This
    information will be used to arrange a schedule for the re-banding of the Prime
    Movers and Decon Trailers. If the equipment in question is out for repair and/or
    service we must be notified of this and you must make arrangements to provide
    access to them to re-band the ICALL/ITAC equipment

You must participate to keep the radio system working.

December 20 Fleet (47 Mill Hill Rd. Colchester) 7:00 - 3:30

December 21 Troop H / State Atty. At H 6:00 -
    6:00 Fleet
    7:00 - 3:30

December 22 Fleet
    7:00 - 3:30 DEP
    Eastern Div. (Marlborough) 8:00 - 12:00

December 23 Fleet / ESU At Fleet 7:00
    - 3:30

December 24 Holiday - No Rebanding

December 27 Holiday - No Rebanding

December 28 Troop G / State Atty. At G 6:00 -
    6:00 Fleet

December 29 Fleet

December 30 Fleet Make Up Date 7:00 -
    3:30

December 31 Holiday - No Rebanding

January 3 - 7 Troop G Make Up Date 6:00 -
    6:00 Troop A Make
    Up Date 6:00 - 6:00

January 10 - 14 Prime Movers / DCON Trailers at their location

During the January 10 - 14 reprogram dates the radio technicians will go to the
    towns where the Prime Movers and DCON trailers are located.
    Last edited by W1KNE; 12-22-2010 at 16:15. Reason: removed email address

Heads up for the changeover. Site 7 (Troop D) was briefly switched over and then back. More to follow

Do you have the frequencies they are going to switch too?

Subtract 15MHz from any 866.0000 to 868.9875 frequency.
    You also need to read about the rebanding process to learn how to properly program rebanded systems, it isn't just swapping out frequencies.
    The subject has been discussed numerous times and there are quite a few references available. An internet search should get you what you need.

chris

thanks chris.... i know how to re-band

So far, Troop D, Zone 7, is the only one to get switched over. It remains to be seen if they stay with the rebanded frequencies over the weekend or go back.
    I would hold off on the WIKI until it stays there for several days.

chris

So far I have confirmed 852.2000,853.2000 and 853.7500.

I'm making a road trip through CT in a few weeks; hopefully the RR database will have been updated with the new system parameters. I'll be using the Home Patrol scanner which relies on that database. I could program a custom system for it I suppose, but the idea is to let the GPS do the work using the nationwide database. Not sure who the CT DB Admin at RR is but I hope he/she stays on top of this.
    Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by cdgordon View Post
    So far, Troop D, Zone 7, is the only one to get switched over. It remains to be seen if they stay with the rebanded frequencies over the weekend or go back.
    I would hold off on the WIKI until it stays there for several days.

chris
    Today (Saturday) I have a control channel on 852.2000 But nothing on 867.2000 so it seems they have switched. Have not heard any traffic though. I have my Pro-106 set up for 800Mhz rebanded in the tables so we shall see what happens

B.K.

Ran through the Troop D area to verify my settings and I am receiving the rebanded site fine. I used Proscan and the rebanded system setup. I verified it against Trunk88 & Unitrunker and I am getting both the regular & splinter freqs.

chris

using 996XT

Quote Originally Posted by cdgordon View Post
    Ran through the Troop D area to verify my settings and I am receiving the rebanded site fine. I used Proscan and the rebanded system setup. I verified it against Trunk88 & Unitrunker and I am getting both the regular & splinter freqs.

chris

using 996XT
    Receiving them just fine once I discovered that I somehow locked out the tsys when I reprogramed. (Senility setting in.) Picking up Troops K,E,C also on the new frequencies.

B.K.

As always, please edit or add to the SNE wiki once changes have been verified. Thank you.
    Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17

Right now I'm getting site 08 (No. Stonington) on 868.3375 on my 396XT with a RS 800MHz duck, 1 bar. Receiving Troop E (3216), Troop K (7216) and Troop D (2416). So no rebanding on this site so far.
    Pete
    never forget W6 & 343 & C9