Quinebaug Valley Region
- Each department is assigned either 76 or 90 for their ops
- QV members have access to both minitors or alpha pagers
- Also note, Several other regional dispatch centers use 33.80 179.9 for their dispatching. Depending on your location you may also here Station WW (Willimatic area), KX (Colchester Area), TN (Tolland County), and more.
|33.8000||179.9||QV Dispatch||Tone Dispatch (for Minitors)|
|152.0075||CSQ||QV Dispatch||Alpha Page Dispatch|
|33.7600||179.9||QV Fireground "76"||Fireground Operations|
|33.9000||179.9||QV Fireground "90"||Fireground Operations|
|33.8800||179.9||QV EMS "88"||EMS Operations|
|460.6000||R||192.8||UHF Channels 1-4||4 Countywide repeaters|
|452.1875||103.5||QV Fireground 1||UHF Fireground Operations|
|458.4125||179.9||QV Fireground 2||UHF Fireground Operations|
|465.5875||S||179.9||QV Fire Police||Fire Scene Support|
|453.4625||R||118.8||Repeats Low Band Operations||Brooklyn Repeater|
S Killingly Tower
- Here are the Fire/EMS companies covered by and dispatched by QV, with the town they serve in and station designators:
|Department||Town Served||Station ID's|
|Attawaugan Fire Department||Killingly||62|
|Atwood Hose Fire Company||Plainfield||96|
|Baltic Fire Department||Baltic||24|
|Bungay Fire Brigade||S Woodstock||77|
|Cabterbury Fire Department||Canterbury||93|
|Central Village Fire Company||Plainfield||97|
|Chaplain Fire Department||Chaplin||09|
|Community Fire Company||North Grosvenordale, Thompson||81|
|Danielson Fire Department||Killingly||61|
|Dayville Fire Company||Killingly||63|
|East Brooklyn Fire Department||Brooklyn||92|
|East Killingly Fire Department||Killingly||64|
|East Putnam Fire Department||Putnam||79|
|East Thompson Fire Department||Thompson||85|
|Eastford Fire Department||Eastford||71|
|Griswold Fire Department||Griswold||55|
|Hampton Fire Department||Hampton||12|
|Jewitt City Fire Department||Griswold||56|
|K-B Ambulance||Killingly, Brooklyn||61|
|Lisbon Fire Department||Lisbon||54|
|Moosup Fire Department||Plainfield||94|
|Moosup-Plainfield Ambulance||Plainfield||94 and 95|
|Mortlake Fire Department||Brooklyn||90+|
|Muddy Brook Fire Department||N and E Woodstock||75|
|Oneco Fire Department||Sterling||68|
|Plainfield Fire Department||Plainfield||95|
|Pomfret Fire Department||Pomfret||70|
|Putnam Fire Department||Putnam||78++|
|Quinebaug Fire Department||Quinebaug, Thompson||83|
|Scotland Fire Department||Scotland||16|
|South Killingly Fire Department||Killingly||65|
|Sterling Fire Department||Sterling||67|
|Thompson Hill Fire Department||Thompson||84|
|Voluntown Fire Department||Voluntown||53|
|West Thompson Fire Department||North Grosvenordale, Thompson||82|
|Williamsville Engine Company||Killingly||60|
|Woodstock Volunteer Fire Department||Woodstock||76|
+ Mortlake Department is the only QV department that has two active Stations. They are known as Station 190 and Station 290.
++ Emergency Services in Putnam are dispatched by Station WA which is Putnam Police Dispatch. Station WA also handles 911 calls from the Putnam Special Services District, a 3.5 square mile region in the downtown of Putnam. All other 911 calls are handled by QV.
- QV has been moving toward UHF ops with many departments now having UHF radios that are crossbanded back to the Low Band.
- Those that do not have UHF radios have either Lo-Band Crossbanded to UHF or they have VHF crossbanded to Low Band and possibly UHF.
- All departments have the necessary mobile repeaters to handle the multiple band operations.
- UHF Channel 1 460.600R 192.8/465.600 123.0 (this is the Thompson Repeater)
- UHF Channel 2 460.600R 192.8/465.600 192.8 (this is the S Killingly Repeater)
- UHF Channel 3 460.600R 192.8/465.600 141.3 (this is the Griswold Repeater)
- UHF Channel 4 460.600R 192.8/465.600 127.3 (this is the Sterling Repeater)
- Fireground 1 452.1875 103.5
- Fireground 2 458.4125 179.9
- Fire Police (essentially Fire Investigations and Traffic Support) 465.5875 179.9
- Vehicle Cross Band 458.2375 (see department PL info below)
- FAST (RIT) 453.2375 D125
- Brooklyn Repeater 453.4625R 118.8
- UHF Channel 11 453.375R 123.0/458.375 123.0 (This is the Union Repeater)
- UHF Channel 12 453.375R 123.0/458.375 210.7 (This is the Brooklyn Tower)
- UHF Channel 13 453.375R 123.0/458.375 D065 (This is the S Killingly Tower)
- Brooklyn Backup Repeater 460.600 192.8/460.600 D205
- Department Low Power 453.2375 (see department PL info below)
- Department High Power 460.600R (see department PL info below)
I only have Department PL for the extreme northeast corner departments. Anything above listed as see department PL info below means the listed departments use the following PLs on the listed frequency:
- Quinebaug Fire - 218.1
- Community Fire - 110.9
- West Thompson Fire - 79.7
- East Thompson Fire - 67.0
- Muddy Brook Fire - 74.4
- Thompson Hill Fire - 97.4
- Muddy Brook also uses 453.2375 203.5 for Interior Ops
VHF Radio Ops
As mentioned, many several departments also use VHF frequencies for their ops.
- Quinebaug FD Channel 1 154.220 127.3
- Quinebaug FD Channel 2 154.430 127.3
- Woodstock Townwide FD 155.775 D023
- Putnam FD Channel 1 154.355 156.7
- Putnam FD Channel 2 153.830 156.7
- Putnam EMS 155.295 146.2
- Danielson/Killingly FD 154.385 118.8
- QV Emergency Mgmt Region 4 153.965 162.2
- Thompson Townwide Repeater 159.195R 123.0
- Lisbon Fire 154.130 141.3
- Voluntown Fire 154.145 141.3
- Paramedic Service is provided by the "QV Medic" who is based out of Day Kimball Hospital in Putnam.
- QV Medic 1 is an AMR Fly Car staffed with one Paramedic.
- QV Medic 1 is dispatched via 33.80 152.0075 and operates on whatever frequency is being used by the local BLS ambulance.
- Hartford Lifestar 155.385 123.0
- UMass Lifeflight 155.160 118.8
- Depending on what part of QV, you may hear either of these called.
- UHF CMED uses a PL of 131.8 throughout QV.
QV has recently changed from using the pretty much statewide "Codes" for types of calls, apparatus movement, etc and have gone to using strictly plain english as party of ICS compliance. They do, however, still use a standarized Equipment designator. The following info is from the QV website http://www.qvec.org
- Engine: Minimum 750 gpm pump and minimum 300 gallon tank
- Engine-Tanker: minimum 750 gpm pump and minimum 1000 gallon tank
- Hose: Less than 750 gpm pump or no pump and minimum 2000 feet or 4" or greater hose
- Hose-Tender: Minimum 750 gpm pump and minimum 2000 feet of 4" or greater hose
- Tanker: minimum 1000 gpm pump and minimum 1500 gallon tank
- Engine Squirt (EQ): minimum 750 gpm pump, minimum 500 gallon tank, and a telesquirt prepiped aerial
- Ladder: At least a 65 foot ladder, pump not required
- Tower: At least a 65 foot ladder with platform
- Rescue 1: carries basic medical supplies and hand tools
- Rescue 3: Medical supplies and light rescue tools
- Rescue 4: Medical supplies and full heavy rescue tools and supplies
- Rescue 5, 6, 7: Ambulance
- Forestry: Restricture to brush use only. Does not respond to any other calls.
- Service: Essentially anything else. A brush unit used to respond to anything other than brush would be a service.
Upon determining what a unit is, it also receives the station designator. For example:
- Rescue 483 is Quinebaug Heavy Rescue
- Rescue 581 is Community Ambulance 1 and Rescue 582 would be community Ambulance 2
- Engine Tank 185 (also ET185) would be Thompson Engine Tank
Even with the designators listed above, if a piece of apparatus goes out of QV, it receives a plain english name per ICS. For example:
- E181 would become Community Engine 1
- R578 would become Putnam Ambulance 1
- Rescue 1-4 become 'Dept' Rescue #
- Rescue 5-7 become 'Dept' Ambulance #
- Engine Tank become 'Dept' Engine #
and so on.
It is up to the department to number their apparatus if they have multiple that would become the same, i.e. E181 and ET181.
I think this is it for now. Again, more official QV information can be found at http://www.qvec.org
Also, all frequency and PL information comes from my records which are primarily confirmed from either listening or seeing radio programming files. If you have any confirmed corrections please let me know. ~lynskey85